7 effective home remedies for the flu
Home remedies for flu Medications can help reduce fever in case of flu. Know that there are also effective natural home remedies that you can try right now to reduce the worst symptoms of the flu.
Drink a lot of chicken soup
It is scientifically proven that chicken soup helps relieve the symptoms of the flu.
- Chicken soup reduces mucus production by inhibiting certain types of white blood cells.
- If your stomach can accept it, consider adding a few flakes of red pepper to help relieve your nose.
Add garlic to your meals
Garlic is a powerful antibacterial and antifungal food, which can be easily added to soups and other dishes before eating.
- In addition to garlic’s ability to kill bacteria, it also boosts the immune system.
Increase the humidity
A humidifier or vaporizer increases the humidity of the air and liquefies the mucus accumulated in your chest.
- Double the use of the humidifier continuously with a warm bath before going to bed.
- The bath will bring extra moisture and add the heat needed to relieve your sore muscles.
Try a nasal irrigation device
- The use of a nasal rinse of half a teaspoon of salt for 250 milliliters of hot sterilized water helps to eliminate persistent mucus in your nostrils, using a nasal irrigation device.
- Remember to tilt your head to the side on a sink to catch all the moisture that circulates in the nasal passages.
Gargle to fight bacteria and viruses
- Make a simple gargle by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice to 250 milliliters of hot water.
- The use of this gargle acid will inhibit bacteria and viruses that can hide in your mouth.
- To reduce sore throat, try a gargle of a teaspoon of salt mixed with 250 ml of warm water.
Drink honey and lemon
- Try taking a few teaspoons of honey and a lemon fillet in a glass of hot water to prevent coughing and reduce sore throats.
- To prevent tooth decay, do not forget to brush your teeth after drinking.
Remember not to give honey to children under one year old.
Add some elderberry syrup to your drinks
Elderberry syrup or extract combined with vitamin C may reduce the duration of the flu.
- To prepare a cold drink that soothes a sore throat, add elderberry syrup and a drizzle of lemon juice to sparkling water.
- You can also add extract or elderberry syrup and lemon juice to tea.
These home remedies are a great way to fight flu symptoms without taking any extra medications. In addition to these tips, be sure to drink enough fluids and take a lot of rest.