Lower back muscle pain? Correct some lifestyle habits
Lower back muscle pain tips: Many people complain of back pain. Changing some lifestyle habits could have a significant positive impact on your health. Here are some tips that will help you relieve, if not eliminate, your back pain.
Interrupt the cycle of Lower back muscle pain
To treat chronic back pain, your doctor may prescribe an NSAID or opioid, suggest physical therapy and even, in rare cases, recommend surgery.
- More importantly, to correct several posture problems, you will need to be an active patient and change your lifestyle.
Description of the vicious cycle of chronic back pain:
- An injury causes pain that leads to muscle tension, then negative emotions (fear, anxiety, irritation), followed by negative thoughts (worry, pessimism).
- This “emotional repression” and the restriction on physical activity, in turn, lead to a loss of muscle strength and flexibility.
- There is a time when even the slightest injury can start the cycle again.
Simple solutions to relieve back pain
You can do a lot of things to cure back pain and prevent new episodes.
- When sitting, keep your spine straight, firmly pressing your back on the back of the chair.
- A good back supports the lower back and helps to maintain good posture.
- Lumbar rollers will help you stay upright and the cuneiform seat cushions will keep you from sagging.
- Orthopedic pillows for cervical vertebrae support the natural curvature of the neck and keep the spine aligned.
- To sleep better, get a mattress that supports the body or buy a bed sheet to solidify a mattress too soft. When you read in bed, use cuneiform bed pads to elevate your knees and ease pressure on your back.
- When you sleep, place the cushions so that your neck is straight.
- Before going to bed, relax your muscles by taking a hot bath.
- Place your head directly over your shoulders, keep your chin parallel to the floor and your right neck.
- And most importantly: contract your abdominal muscles.
To improve your posture during daily activities, dress to facilitate movements, with loose clothing (tight pants and flat shoes (or low heels) to avoid bending your back.
Thanks for reading Lower back muscle pain tips.