According to Statistics Canada, being overweight affected 40% of men and 27.5% of adult women in 2014. It is no wonder that dieting is so popular. However, if you want to lose weight, you must opt for health solutions: when they are well designed, weight loss programs can be both effective and safe.
The winning combination
Healthy eating and a physical activity program go hand in hand when you want to lose weight.
- In addition to delivering results faster, this combination will provide you with a significant energy boost, and changing your lifestyle will have positive effects on your body as well as your mind.
- To avoid monotony, be sure to vary your workout, for example by alternating bike sessions with bodybuilding sessions.
- Also, be sure to have a diverse diet. This way, you will be less tempted to interrupt your weight loss program after only a few weeks.
The good portions
Calculation of calories is sometimes a real headache. However, before you think about counting calories, you can start by making sure to follow the recommendations in Canada’s Food Guide for daily and weekly servings of each food category.
- Better balancing your menu will allow you to restrict your caloric intake, which is already a step in the right direction.
- You can then make sure to remove certain foods from your consumption to better meet your daily energy needs.
Perseverance pays off!
If taking substitutes or other diet pills seems attractive when starting a weight loss program, you must resist this urge.
- Rapid weight loss is often followed by equally significant weight gain. In addition, these supplements can put your health at risk. Beware: there is no miracle cure.
- You must opt for adequate and balanced consumption of food from different food groups. None of them can be replaced by powders or medicines. The watchword for getting results safely? Perseverance!
The right program
Weight loss programs do not suit you if your goal is to get in shape or to sculpt your body. In these cases, we will talk more about fitness programs.
On the other hand, if you lack motivation or if you need coaching to manage your overweight problem, a structured weight loss program is ideal. You must not see it as a sign of weakness. On the contrary, it shows your desire to take control!